Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh the beauty of Romania!!!

Hey everyone... so Saturday we went to the mountains and man was it gorgeous! The town we were visiting was a place called Sinaia! The castle there was absolutely captivating!!! I was not able to take the pictures on the inside of the castle but the outside was absolutely amazing!!!! We visited the Monistary there as well!!! The Romanian's make beautiful buildings!!!!!
Sunday was a great we went to a church known as the international church... there was a guest pastor there... who is working in switzerland but was originally from Canada. That was so weird... you for the most part or at least from who i have met, most people are american. so it was nice to see someone else who was from canada.
Today was great... we went to the oldest part of Bucharest... It was amazing!!!! We walked down the glass district man they make gorgeous glass...
in the afternoon I went to the Baby hospital... and worked in a room on my own.... for the most part... The kids were great!!! well except for when 4 of the boys in the room started bawling all at once... This two year old girl who was in the baby hospital and tried to help me, it was so sweet.... but it really didnt help.... so corney came and helped me out.... but I know that it would have calmed down... I was holding one of the boys named marius and the boy in the crib beside Luchian, wanted to be held as well. So i had the one in my arms and i put my arm around the other and it was like God was telling me that no matter who is there with these kids his arms are around them and holding them close...
The other thing is I have been finding bits and peices about my background and heritage... being about 75% Romanian and seeing and hearing about all the little qwirks and habits i have... This is going to be a year of learning about how to lead kids, how to work in a mission field, but also learning about me and who i am and what gifts God has given me....
well i will talk to you guys soon,
Noapte Buna,
Lindsey Toma

2 comments:

Walshy said...

It is all so beautiful! Glad you are enjoying yourself!

ElleBelle said...

oh wow!! I am happy to hear that you are loving it! And holding all those babies!! I love Romania because...Gypsies!!!