Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving coming soon?

I kinda feel like I am living a month behind this weekend... you see we are having Thanksgiving this weekend... and although i do acknowledge that it is America's thanksgiving and I have done that before... I feel like I am a month behind cause when I think about Thanksgiving I think about it in October... anywhos this week has been a stop and go week... I got back from Rosior de Vede on Sunday at about 9 pm. Then I had the baby hospital on Monday... which thank God the babies are starting to get healthy again... they are a lot happier now than they were... got home and had to pack for going to the village the next day... unloaded my stuff, had bible study and then straight off to the orphanage pretty much... stayed over night and in the morning packed up my stuff once again, went to the orphanage. After that we stopped at Carfour (which is kinda like a mall, of which I had no idea till we got there hahaha), had supper shopped for ingredients for their thanksgiving food, then finally got home where I completely crashed... I was exhausted... woke up this morning at about 7 am (God's alarm not my own), then Angela and I worked all day in the basement aka the dungeon... sorting baby stuff and giving away items to other organizations... the other girls were baking all day long and cooking for the feast for 40 + people (or at least that was the last count I had heard... tonight we watched a dvd that was sent to Kirsteen about the Duchess of York i think it was who came under cover to Turkey and Romania to look at the orphanages... had a heated debate about the program and now I am here writting you a blog... tomorrow I will be heading to the baby hospital again... and then Saturday the craziness happens... this week has been crazy and intense and it is all kind of blurred together so i really dont have too many details for you... I do have some prayer requests though... Jen is leaving on Monday for her Month "holiday" and then Jenny and Angela are also having theirs sometime in December and January so if you could pray that they get that time to rest and rejuvinate that would be great... keep praying for the health of the babies and the kids at the orphanage... a lotof the kids at Peris have some sort of flu or something... and also the staff a lot of us are coughing and so just in general pray for health.... for my visa to be completed I need to get a medical done... they claim it is just to see if i am seriously sick... so pray that when this happens it can be a healthier day or that I am healthy for it and there will be no complications... and no i am not here illegally cause i dont have the visa yet... there is a 90 day period before i am illegally here hehehe just kidding if all else fails i just need to take a train ride somewhere out of the country and come back but it shouldnt come to that... although seeing another country while i am here would be kinda cool... ya that pretty much sums things up... I will talk to you guys soon and God Bless, Lindsey Toma

2 comments:

Walshy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Love Bug!

ElleBelle said...

You are awesome! So glad to hear more!!